- B.A., Brigham Young University in 1996
- J.D., Southern Methodist University School of Law, 2000
Court of Admissions
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Western, and Southern Districts of Texas
- Federal Circuit and Fifth Circuit courts of appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court.
- Eric is a Barrister member of The Honorable Barbara M. G. Lynn American Inn of Court, and is a member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association, the Texas Bar, the Dallas Bar Association, the Eastern District of Texas Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association and the J. Reuben Clark Law Society.